Scotch-Seal 2229 Mastic Tape is a conformable,
durable, tacky mastic coated on an easy release liner.
The product is designed for quick and easy insulating,
padding and sealing of objects that need to be protected
from adverse environmental conditions. It is well suited
for corrosion protection applications and is resistant to
- Excellent adhesion and sealing characteristics to
metals, rubbers, synthetic cable insulations and
- Wide temperature stability while maintaining its
- Conformable and mouldable for easy applications
over irregular surfaces.
- Does not crack when subjected to repeated flexing.
- Fully compatible with most semi-con jacketing
- Material exhibits excellent self-healing
characteristics after being punctured or cut.
- Excellent chemical and UV resistance.
- Exhibits very low cold-flow.
- Retains its flexibility at low temperatures resulting
in ease of application and continuous performance
at reduced temperatures.