- Fast and easy-to-use permanent bonding method provides high strength and long-term durability
- Virtually invisible fastening keeps surfaces smooth
- Can replace mechanical fasteners (rivets, welds, screws) or liquid adhesives for transparent applications
- Gray, 0.045 in (1.1 mm), low temp applicable acrylic adhesive on a conformable, acrylic foam core
- Eliminate drilling, grinding, refinishing, screwing, welding and associated clean-up
- Creates a permanent seal against water, moisture and more
- Pressure sensitive adhesive bonds on contact to provide immediate handling strength
- Allows the use of thinner, lighter weight and dissimilar materials
Dream, Design, Deliver with our 3M™ VHB™ Tape 4943F. It is a gray, 0.045 in (1.1 mm), low temp appliable adhesive on both sides of a conformable, acrylic foam core. It can replace rivets, welds and screws. It offers design flexibility with its viscoelasticity and powerful ability to bond to a variety of surfaces.
Dream, Design, Deliver with the 4951 Family of 3M™ VHB™ Tapes
3M™ VHB™ Tape 4943F is in the 4951 family of 3M™ VHB™ Tapes. These tapes utilize a low temperature appliable adhesive that can be bonded down to 32°F (0°C). 3M™ VHB™ Tape 4943F utilizes a conformable foam for better contact on mismatched surfaces. It can be used on a variety of substrates including metals, glass and high surface energy (HSE) paints and plastics. Applications for this tape include stiffener, panel, decorative material and trim attachment.
3M VHB Tape 4943F can be used on a wide variety of substrates
- General purpose bonding
- Decorative material and trim
- Attach roof to roof bows
- Nameplates and logos
- Panel to frame
- Stiffener to panel
An Unconventional Foam Tape
We invented 3M™ VHB™ Tapes in 1980 as the first of their kind. These unique tapes combine conformability with a strong, permanent bond. The result is a family of extraordinarily strong tapes that adhere to a broad range of substrates. 3M™ VHB™ Tape is a proven alternative to screws, rivets, welds and other forms of mechanical fasteners. Skyscrapers, cell phones, electronic highway signs, refrigerators, architectural windows and more all rely on this specialty bonding tape for one or more steps in the assembly, mounting, fastening and sealing process. This trusted and reliable tape offers a consistent bond, outstanding durability and excellent solvent and moisture resistance. 3M stands by all of its products and is there to provide you with design guidance and technical support when you need it.
Proven Reliability from 3M™ VHB™ Tapes
3M™ VHB™ Tape offers a durable bond in a way that mechanical fasteners can’t. Our tape enhances the appearance of finished goods by eliminating rivets and screws while providing immediate handling strength. In most cases, fastening with 3M™ VHB™ Tape is a quicker process than drilling, fastening, or using liquid adhesive. Our versatile line of tapes can be used indoors or outdoors in a variety of applications, including window, door and sign assembly, electronics, construction and countless other industrial applications. Chemically resistant as well as UV and temperature stable, 3M™ VHB™ Tape can withstand the heat of Dubai to the cold of Canada. The unique acrylic chemistry is extremely durable and resistant to change over time, making this a long-lasting and powerful tape you can trust.