- Translucent, abrasion resistant backing helps protect surfaces from wear
- Low coefficient of friction for “slip plane” effect between surfaces
- Solvent and oil resistant adhesive provides high adhesion and chemical resistance in the most demanding applications
- Can help reduce squeaks, rattles and other noises that occur with movement
- Used in applications where lubrication is not possible because of contamination
- Liner makes it ideal for fabricating or die-cutting into various lengths and shapes
Used to protect surfaces from abrasion, 3M™ UHMW-PE Film Tape 5425 is a thin caliper general purpose polyethylene tape that creates a “slip plane” effect to allow contact without wear. This tape features outstanding chemical resistance and a unique combination of properties that make it ideal for many tough impact wear or sliding applications.
An Effective Solution for Many Noise and Vibration Problems
3M™ UHMW-PE Film Tape 5425 is often used in general industrial applications to help control squeaks and rattles due to vibration or wear of metal and plastic materials. This UHMW-PE (ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene) film tape provides excellent chemical resistance and abrasion resistance that helps ensure a long wear life. 3M™ UHMW-PE Film Tape 5425 is mounted on a liner, making it easy to die-cut to meet the demands of specific applications. It is ideal for applications requiring increased chemical resistance and a low coefficient of friction and the movement of parts and/or materials. This slick surface tape is primarily used in aerospace, automotive, printing and MRO industries.
- Conveyor guide rails and chutes
- Spray booth liners
- Tank and bin liners
- Drawer and cabinet slides
- Protecting aluminum sheets on stretch forming presses