- Acts as barrier to smoke and airborne sound in non-fire-rated wall and floor assemblies
- Minimizes smoke and sound transfer between rooms and floors
- High tack adhesive bonds to most common building materials
- Adheres to damp surfaces
- Can be installed in a broad range of temperatures
The 3M™ Smoke and Sound Tape is an elastomeric tape that can act as a barrier to smoke and airborne sound in non-fire-rated wall and floor assemblies.
Our 3M™ Smoke and Sound Tape (PDF, 568.51 Kb) provides a smoke and sound barrier by minimizing smoke and sound transfer between rooms and floors when installed in a variety of construction joints and through penetrations. Smoke and Sound Tape carries an “L” rating and has been tested to ASTM E 90 and ASTM E 413 — achieving an STC-Rating of 63 when tested in an STC 63-rated wall assembly.
- Smoke and sound barrier
- Minimizing smoke and sound transfer between rooms and floors
Learn how to install 3M™ Smoke and Sound Tape (PDF, 4.95 Mb)
The elastomeric material maintains performance with up to +/- 50% movement capabilities. It has a high tack adhesive that sticks to most common building materials and exceeds the AAMA 711 minimum for adhesion in peel. In addition, it can be installed in temperatures as low as 0°F (18°C) and has high as 120°F (49°C). Its unique adhesive adheres to damp surfaces and meets the intent of LEED® VOC environmental guidelines. The tape complies with the current requirements of the International Building Code (IBC). NFPA 5000 and NFPA 101.