3M Scotchkote Epoxy Coating GP 220 is a low VOC, high build, surface tolerant, anticorrosive coating for steel substrates. It is a next generation high solid coating which can be applied Direct To Metal (DTM) as well as intermediate coat on 3M epoxy primers. It is pigmented with blend of lamellar Micaceous Iron Oxide (MIO) pigments and high quality synthetic Iron oxide red making it a superior coating for highly corrosive environment.
- Corrosion and Chemical resistance: Excellent even in severe Industrial& harsh marine environment.( ISO 12944 C-5 I & C-5 M).
- Is designed for application by brush, spray or roller
- Apart from Abrasive blasted surface, the product is suitable for application on mechanically prepared steelwork or high pressure water cleaned steel.
- Compatible with tightly adherent aged coatings.
- Can be used as Direct to metal / Intermediate / top coat and also can be over coated with variety of top coats as required.
- Temperature Resistance: Dry service temperature range upto 100°C
General Application Steps
- Ensure surface to be coated is clean, dry and free from contaminations,
- Clean steel surfaces to, ISO 8501- 4: St2 / St3, or ISO 8501:1, Grade SA2½.
- Apply Scotchkote Epoxy Primer GP 220 at the specified thickness.
- Allow to cure
- Visually or electrically inspect the coating for defects
- Repair all defects.