Scotchkote Epoxy Coating EA 29 is solvent based two component high performance anti corrosive primer. specifically developed to provide high degree of corrosion resistance.
- Combines good application characteristics with excellent corrosion protection.
- As a primer, it offers long term corrosion protection of ferrous metallic substrates.
- As the basis of multi coat system, Scotchkote Epoxy Coating EA29 can be over coated with itself or with other Scotchkote finishes.
- Adhesion – Excellent to both blast cleaned and mechanically scraped surfaces.
- Corrosion Resistance – Excellent even under aggressive conditions.
- Chemical Resistance – The fully cured coating offers outstanding resistance to aqueous solutions and wide range of industrial chemicals.
- onsult 3M Technical for specific chemical exposure.
- Temperature Resistance – Suitable for use up to 100°C in dry service condition
General Application Steps
- Remove oil, grease and loosely adhering deposits.
- Abrasive blast clean steel surfaces to NACE No. 2/ SSPC-SP10 near white metal, ISO 8501:1, Grade SA2½.
- Apply Scotchkote Epoxy Coating EA 29 at the specified thickness.
- Allow to cure.
- Inspect the coating visually and Repair application defects, if any.