- Has 15 to 25-second gel time at 400 degrees F (204 degrees C)
- Useful for coating cellulose-based materials, core steels and various varnishes
- Comes in yellow-tan color
- 50-lb capacity
- Elongates 50% longer than its original size for easy insulation or wrapping
- Good impact and heat shock resistance
- UL Listed, EIS Approved and RoHS 2011/65/EU Compliant
3M™ Scotchcast™ Electrical Resin 5400 is a 1-part, epoxy-based, powder resin that is useful for coating wire products by electrostatic fluid bed coating process. The high strength of the resin exhibits excellent flexibility and elongation property even after curing. It is ideal for applications that require flexibility and resistance to cracking, when operating at high temperatures.
3M™ Scotchcast™ Electrical Resin 5400 has a low gel point rating to ensure curing at room temperature. The resin is made from a fusion blend process. It offers the components necessary to provide a complete cure and attain required performance properties. It provides a continuous, tough moisture and chemical-resistant dielectric coating to a variety of substrates. It is ideal for applications that need excellent thermal shock and mechanical shock resistance. Its high dielectric strength offers excellent electrical insulating property to the resin, thus making it a ideal insulator for creating a barrier between 2 conductors. UL Listed, EIS Approved and RoHS 2011/65/EU Compliant.