- 80 Shore A hardness
- Has 15-minute gel time at 75 degrees F (23 degrees C)
- Useful for replacing or repairing the jacket on both single- and multi-core power cables
- Comes in black color
- 21.7-oz capacity size C bag
- Withstands a temperature range of 32 to 194 degrees F (0 to 90 degrees C)
- Elongates 175% longer than its original size for easy insulation or wrapping
- Flame-retardant and moisture-resistant resin withstands a voltage rating of 1 kV or less
- MSHA Approved
- 10 containers/case
3M™ Scotchcast™ Electrical Resin 2130C is a 2-part, flame-retardant compound that is useful for coating cable jackets when splicing or repairing mine and portable cables. This permanent, polyurethane resin has a unique formulation to use in rugged conditions. Its high dielectric strength offers excellent electrical insulating property to the resin.
3M™ Scotchcast™ Flame-Retardant Resin 2130C has a low gel point rating to ensure curing at room temperature. The high-tensile strength of the resin exhibits a semi-flexible and good adhesion property after curing. It is ideal for applications that need excellent thermal shock and mechanical shock resistance. It has a high flash point, helping prevent any fire hazard due to quick ignition. The flame-retardant resin allows you to insulate cable splices operating up to 1 kV. It also enables you to seal the crotch or sheath when terminating multi-core cables. MSHA P-142-5 approved, when used with 82-F1 or 82-F2 splice kits.