- Has 12 to 16-second gel time at 380 degrees F (193 degrees C)
- Useful for moisture-proofing and insulating armatures, stators, buss bars and toroid cores
- Comes in red color
- 60-lb capacity
- Withstands a temperature range of 32 to 266 degrees F (0 to 130 degrees C)
- Compatible with electrostatic spray, fluid bed dip and venturi spray
- Heat-, chemical- and moisture-resistant
- ASTM Approved and RoHS 2011/65/EU Compliant
3M™ Scotchcast™ Electrical Resin 262 is a 1-part, powder resin that is useful for coating flat surfaces and corners, as well as high points. This general-purpose epoxy-based resin has a very low-viscosity property, which makes it easy to infuse on any surface.
3M™ Scotchcast™ Electrical Resin 262 has a low gel point rating to ensure a quick curing process. The resin is made from a fusion blend process and it offers the components necessary to provide a complete cure and meet required performance properties. It provides a continuous, tough moisture and chemical-resistant dielectric coating to a variety of substrates. It is ideal for applications that need excellent thermal shock and mechanical shock resistance. Its high dielectric strength offers excellent electrical insulating property to the resin, thus making it a ideal insulator for creating a barrier between 2 conductors. ASTM Approved and RoHS 2011/65/EU Compliant.