- 68 Shore D hardness
- Has 48-hour gel time at 73.4 degrees F (23 degrees C)
- Useful for coating coils, transformers, motors, modules, electrical and electronic components
- Comes in reddish-brown color
- 1-gal capacity
- Withstands a temperature range of 32 to 266 degrees F (0 to 130 degrees C)
- Elongates 75% longer than its original size for easy insulation or wrapping
- Chemical- and moisture-resistant
- MIL-I-16923E, MIL-I-16923G Certified and RoHS 2011/65/EU Compliant
- 8 lbs/kit
3M™ Scotchcast™ Electrical Resin 208 is a 2-part, liquid resin that is useful for electronic and electrical applications requiring the highest level of protection. This unfilled, epoxy-based resin has a good adhesion property, which makes it easy to infuse on any surface. It is useful for applications that include filling, patching, insulating and more.
3M™ Scotchcast™ Electrical Resin 208 has a low gel point rating to ensure curing at room temperature. The high-tensile strength of the resin exhibits a semi-flexible and good adhesion property after curing. It is ideal for applications that need excellent thermal shock and mechanical shock resistance. Its high dielectric strength offers excellent electrical insulating property to the resin. It has a high flash point, helping prevent any fire hazard due to quick ignition. Since the resin exhibits a hydrolytic stability property, it minimizes quick chemical decomposition, thus providing long-lasting usage. MIL-I-16923E, MIL-I-16923G Certified and RoHS 2011/65/EU Compliant.