- Broad chemical compatibility is ideal for chemically aggressive applications
- Rigid resin-bonded structure reduces by-pass and avoids unloading with high pressure drops
- Grooved surface provides 2.3 times more surface area than competitive ungrooved cartridges and provides greater dirt loading capacity
- Environmental and Energy Advantage with formulation 8 Micro-Klean™ RB Series Filter Cartridges with porosity between 1um and 75um contain greater than 20% recycled material by weight
- Laboratory testing and field experience has shown Micro-Klean™ RB Series Filter Cartridges hold up to 2 or more times the contaminant by weight than competitive products with equal retention ratings. Our manufacturing produces a rigid, resin bonded, graded porosity structure that reduces by-pass and avoids the unloading traits of soft, deformable melt blown and string wound filter cartridges.
3M combines the principles of surface and depth filtration into our Micro-Klean™ RB Series Filter Cartridge line to provide enhanced filter service life, particle removal efficiency and optimum flow characteristics. We combine the principles of surface and depth filtration into our Micro-Klean™ RB Series Filter Cartridge line to provide enhanced filter service life, particle removal efficiency and optimum flow characteristics. Standard series filter cartridges are available in this line in multiple lengths with or without various end treatments to fit most major manufacturer’s cartridge housings.
Consistent filtration throughout the service life of a depth-style filter depends on how well the filter’s structure tolerates fluctuations in operating conditions — including contaminant loading and differential pressure. Flexible structures, such as meltblown and string-wound filters, tend to compress and change porosity with increased pressure, while rigid structures like ours do not. Media compression can result in short filter life because the pores collapse and ultimately close. Media compression can also cause the filter to release already held particles.
The Micro-Klean RB Series Filter Cartridge captures and retains contaminant within its rigid filter matrix, even under increasing differential pressure. Solution
The Micro-Klean RB Series Filter Cartridge captures and retains contaminant within its rigid filter matrix, even under increasing differential pressure. In addition, the unique depth filter structure of the Micro-Klean RB Series Filter Cartridge provides a significant increase in contaminant holding capacity and provides greater flow capacity at a given pressure. Unlike soft meltblown and string-wound filters that require core support, the Micro-Klean RB Series Filter Cartridge is self-supporting and has a grooved version to provide greater than twice the surface area. The ungrooved version of the Micro-Klean RB Series Filter Cartridge is preferred for the reduction of gels and other deformable contaminants. The result is significantly longer life than competitive cartridges.
The Micro-Klean RB Series Filter Cartridge’s extended service life results in fewer filter change-outs while its enhanced flow characteristics can typically reduce the number of filters required to achieve a given flow rate. These combined features can significantly reduce total filtration costs.
- Organic Solvents
- Lube Oils
- Various Chemicals
- Process Water
General Manufacture Processes
Micro-Klean™ RB Series Filter Cartridges are not designed for and should not be used in food and beverage, and pharmaceutical applications.
Manufacturing process, rigid, resin bonded construction and graded porosity design of our Micro-Klean RB Series Filter Cartridges provides consistency of performance, long filter life and lower overall filtration costs.