|Voltage Type||High Voltage|
3M™ High Voltage Cold Shrink Termination 96-EP Series, for XLPE & EPR Insulated Cables.
- The versatile design of the silicone cold shrink Termination body allows installation on a wide range of cable sizes and types and a fast and easy installation at temperatures ranging from – 20°C to + 50°C.
- No heat, flame, or special tools are needed during splice body installation.
- Accommodates crimp or mechanical Lugs up to 110mm in diameter.
- Wide application range covering several cable cross sectional areas from 120mm² – 2000mm².
- Solderless earth connection to copper screen wires or lead sheath.
- Silicone rubber Cold Shrink outer rain sheds and sealing PST’s provide physical protection and moisture sealing of the completed Termination. Datasheet Page 2 of 3 Issue 7
- The Silicone outer rain sheds of the Termination makes it ideal for zones with maximum environmental contamination, industrial or coastal.
- Creepage path connection for additional protection in areas of high pollution.
3M Cold Shrink Termination Kit is designed for Cable Terminations up to 72.5kV Umax Voltage class, Single core polymeric power cable systems with copper wire screen or Lead Sheath according to IEC 60840.
3M Cold Shrink technology ensures quick, easy and safe installation of the QTEN Termination Body and outer rain sheds and sealing tubes by pulling and unwinding the plastic support core in counter clockwise direction. The use of special tools is not necessary. Detailed instructions for installing the 3M™ QTEN Termination are included in each kit.