- PTFE film provides a slick surface for general purpose, non-stick applications
- Silicone adhesive provides clean removal from a variety of surfaces
- Wide temperature range for performance on heated machinery and equipment
- Skived 3M™ PTFE Film Tapes are more conformable than typical extruded PTFE film tapes
- Chemical resistance enables tape to withstand many applications
Our 3M™ General Purpose PTFE Skived Film Tape 5180 uses a skived, polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), conformable film backing. This tape offers a low coefficient of friction which, in combination with a pressure sensitive silicone adhesive, provides a slick surface over a variety of substrates to assist in general purpose, non-stick applications requiring high temperature performance.
Improve Surface Movement
We developed this general purpose tape as a quick and easy solution to reduce friction between moving surfaces in non-critical applications. The skived backing provides good conformability when unwound from the roll compared to typical extruded PTFE film tapes. It functions as an anti-stick or easy-release medium between surfaces where pressure, temperature changes and other factors may create a measure of adhesion. Applying 3M™ General Purpose PTFE Skived Film Tape 5180 can help improve surface movement, eliminate squeaks and rattles, and reduce machine noise. PTFE is chemical resistant and can be used as a temporary chemical barrier. The tape has a wide temperature use range, from -65°F/-54°C to 500°F/260°C, making it suitable in a wide variety of applications.
- General purpose roll-wrap for web processing
- Squeak and noise reduction
- Shielding and protecting against chemicals