- Designed for general purpose splicing
- Offers quick and simple roll starting and roll closure
- Durable backing can be torn by hand, yet is suitable for machine dispensing
- Natural rubber adhesive offers dependable tack and holding power
- Can withstand a bake cycle up to 300°F/149°C for up to 30 minutes
3M™ Flatback Tape 2517 is a good, general purpose tape ideal for a range of web processing and splicing applications where adhesion in high temperature bake cycles is necessary. This durable tape features a dependable kraft paper backing capable of resisting high temperatures as well as moisture, and can be torn by hand for easy application.
A Tough Tape for High Temperatures
3M™ Flatback Tape 2517 was designed specifically to be a strong tape capable of meeting the everyday demands of the most web processing and splicing applications. This smooth flatback tape features an unbleached kraft paper backing that combines strength and heat resistance with consistent unwind and hand-tearability for easy handling in roll starting and roll closure. This tape can be certified to meet ASTM-D6123 type II.
- Roll starting
- Roll closure
- High and low temperature splicing
- General purpose packaging
- Web processing