Large electrical and mechanical through penetrations can be sealed to provide up to 4 hours fire rating using 3M™ Fire Dam 2000 Coating applied on mineral fiber board known as 3M Fire Dam 240 Coated Mineral Board.In the presence of heat or fire, the coating on top of 3M™ Fire Dam 240 intumescent (expands) up to 10 times, forming an insulating char which significantly slows any heat transfer. The expanding char fills voids, including those left by perishing materials.
Fire Resistance Rating
From 2 hours to 4 hours depending on the system and application for walls penetration.
Product Features and benefits:
- Tightly seals penetrations: Coating on top of 3M™ FireDam™ 240 Intumescent (expands with heat) to form a hard char against flame spread, smoke and toxic fumes.
- Up to 4 hours fire rating for penetration
- Suppresses toxic gases and smoke emission, Helps in human egress during fire break
- Ease of application: Flexible coating, Lightweight, easy to handle, cut and form to desired shape
- Ease of use: Applied using common trade tools, Spray, trowel or brush
- Environmentally friendly: Halogen free formula does not give off corrosive gases during a fire
- B onds strongly: Good adhesion to most surfaces
- Easy to maintain: Only water cleanup of tools and equipment required
- Multiple applic ations: For through penetration, heat shield and firebreak protection