- Firestop tested for up to 3 hours of protection in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479)
- Expands to form a hard char that tightly seals against flame spread, smoke and toxic gases
- Re-enterable and re-useable for new or retrofit installations
- Graphite-free composition does not conduct electricity
- No wire mesh required and easy to install, inspect, remove and reuse as needed
- Excellent aging properties for long-lasting durability and performance
3M™ Fire Barrier Pillows are self-contained, intumescent products designed for use in through-penetration firestops, providing up to 3 hours of protection. This fire barrier pillow expands to form a hard char that tightly seals against flame spread, smoke and toxic gases. We also engineered this product to be re-enterable and re-useable for new or retrofit installations.
Prevent the Spread of Smoke, Fire and Toxic Gases
Designed for use in through-penetration firestops, such as cable trays, conduit and blank openings, 3M™ Fire Barrier Pillows are self-contained, intumescent products that expand and lock into place during a fire. This helps prevent the spread of smoke, fire and toxic gases. These fire pillows are easy to install and do not require mesh wire. They are ideal for projects requiring re-enterability of a firestop system, simply remove and replace pillows as needed. Constructed with graphite-free composition, which has a high dielectric strength, these fire protection pillows have excellent aging properties, providing long-lasting durability and performance.
- Firestopping medium to large openings containing power or communication cables and conduits
- Gypsum wall, concrete or block wall and concrete floors
- Blank openings up to 540 sq. in. (3483 sq. cm)
- 1 or 2 cable racks or trays per penetration
- Conduit bank, inner duct cable and cable racks or tray applications
- Used in conjunction with 3M Moldable Putty+
Reliable and Affordable Fire Protection