- Firestop tested up to 4 hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479) & CAN/ULC S115
- Putty provides draft and cold smoke seal
- Pliable and conformable design easily molds into required shapes
- Help reduce noise transfer (STC-Rating of 56 when tested in STC 56-rated wall assembly)
- Will not dry out or crumble for a re-enterable and repairable solution
- Excellent adhesion and aging properties provide a long-term performance
- Noncorrosive to metal and compatible with synthetic cable jackets
- Low VOC, halogen-free and solvent-free formula for safe working environment with minimal odor
3M™ Fire Barrier Moldable Putty Stix MP+ is a one-part, re-enterable, intumescent putty that can be easily formed to firestop through penetrations and blank openings in fire-rated assemblies. We formulated this dark red, easily moldable putty stick to provide up to 4 hours of fire protection. These putty stix also produce a draft and cold smoke seal and help reduce noise transfer.
Pliable, Conformable and Shapeable for Exacting Coverage
For applications requiring conformable coverage, these pliable 3M™ Fire Barrier Moldable Putty Stix MP+ (PDF, 542.6 Kb) meet a full range of firestop needs that would be impractical with strips, wraps or rolls. Ready to use, this firestop material is designed for excellent adhesion to most construction substrates and is non-corrosive when applied to metal — ideal for use with listed steel or plastic electrical outlet boxes. It is also safe for applications including synthetic cable jackets, making it suitable for firestopping cable bundles. It won’t crumble or dry out, exhibits excellent aging properties and is re-enterable to save time and money after installation. And the sticks are extremely simple and cost-effective to install: technicians mold the material by hand directly onto the substrate without mixing or tools.
- Protection of membrane penetrations for listed metallic and non-metallic electrical boxes
- Wall opening protective to meet building requirements
- Seal gaps between cables in multiple penetrations (including fiber optic inner duct)
- Insulated pipe, electrical conduit and metal pipe penetrations
Fully Tested and Approved
Our intumescent 3M™ Fire Barrier Moldable Putty Stix MP+ are firestop tested up to 4 hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479). They are tested in accordance with ASTM E 119 (UL 263) up to 2 hours when installed in accordance with the UL wall-opening protective listing (UL Category CLIV), and help reduce noise transfer (STC-Rating of 52 when tested on back-to-back electrical boxes).
Reliable and Affordable Fire Protection
Effective and easy to install, 3M™ Fire Barrier Moldable Putty Stix MP+ are part of our family of fire protection products that offer the broadest, long-lasting solutions for a variety of commercial, industrial and residential applications. As a trusted leader in the fire protection industry, 3M offers a comprehensive line of affordable products designed to meet the most demanding firestop requirements. Find the solution you need from the industry-preferred line of fire protection products.