- Ultra-high peel strength and excellent shear strength to withstand rigorous splicing applications
- High tack for flying splices
- Bonds well to most substrates, including low surface energy films
- Excellent UV and heat resistance withstands a variety of conditions
- Conformable to bond to irregular surfaces
- Double sided adhesion increases dimensional stability for easy handling
- Red option available for visible splicing applications
3M™ Double Coated Tape 9741 is a clear polyester film tape with a super aggressive, pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive and a glassine release liner. This tape uses a hand-tearable polyester film that is coated on both sides with a heavy layer of adhesive to allow for superior bonding and conformability to irregular as well as flat surfaces.
Thick and Versatile
3M™ Double Coated Tape 9741 is a 6.5 mil double-sided tape utilizing a 0.5 mil hand-tearable polyester film carrier lined on both sides with acrylic adhesive. It has a high coat weight and adheres well to low surface energy substrates. This product provides excellent UV and heat resistance, and can perform under a wide temperature range (-40°F/-40°C to 200°F/93°C). Once bonded, this tape provides excellent peel and shear strength – making it ideal for rigorous splicing applications and bonding plastics to metals. 3M™ Double Coated Tape 9741 is mounted on a 55# glassine backing to enable ease of deployment. Notably, this product is offered in two colors — clear and red. The red version can be used for visible splicing applications.
- High speed splicing applications
- Applications where adhesion to low surface energy substrates is needed
- Bonding decorative trim, plastics and metal profile extrusions
- Attachment to irregular surfaces
- Seaming of vinyl banners
- Universal all-purpose bonding applications common to double coated tapes