- Ideal for attaching silicone rubber elastomers and foam
- Features acrylic and silicone adhesives for specialized applications such as silicone gasketing
- 3M™ Adhesive 350 on the face side provides exceptional temperature and chemical resistance
- 3 mil silicone adhesive on liner side bonds well to silicone substrates
- Double linered – Adhesive 350 on 58# 4.2 mil PCK liner and silicone adhesive on 3 mil PET liner
3M™ Double Coated Tape 9731 was developed with a high-performance acrylic adhesive on the face side and a silicone adhesive on the liner side of a 1 mil clear PET carrier. It is excellent for demanding applications where silicone materials must be bonded to a range of substrates.
The Inside and Outside of Our Double Coated Tape
Combining a silicone based adhesive and a rubber based adhesive on a flexible, strong 1 mil clear polyester film (PET) carrier, our 3M™ Double Coated Tape 9731 is excellent for gasketing and other specialized applications involving silicone parts. The silicone adhesive provides a good bond to silicone rubber, strong holding power to various silicone surfaces. The face side features 3M™ Adhesive 350, an acrylic adhesive which provides very high adhesion to a wide variety of materials. Both adhesives enable the tape to perform effectively across a range of applications, including high temperature performance, good solvent resistance, very good holding power and excellent UV resistance.
The thin polyester carrier provides dimensional stability and improved handling with ease of die cutting and lamination. Both the 3 mil PET liner and the polycoated kraft paper release liner provide reliable performance for industrial applications, such as die-cutting and automated dispensers. The liners also help reduce edge curl and protect the tape from humidity extremes.
- Silicone foams and rubber