- Medium tack removable adhesive on the liner side is ideal for repositioning and clean removability
- High tack permanent adhesive on the face side can be applied at temperatures as low as 32°F/0°C
- Ideal solution that works on a variety of substrates or materials for temporary mounting of paper, plastics, films or foams
- UPVC film carrier provides differential stability up to 125°F/52°C and improved handling for laminating and die-cutting
3M™ Removable Repositionable Double Coated Tape 9425 is ideal for applications where one part needs to be repositioned or removed easily. This double coated tape is composed of high-tack, permanent adhesive on one side and medium-tack adhesive on the other with a resilient UPVC carrier in between. The medium tack adhesive is ideal for repositioning or multiple openings and closings.
Remove, Reposition, Reclose or Reseal
Once 3M™ Removable Repositionable Double Coated Tape 9425 (PDF, 55.65 Kb) is laid down using the permanent adhesive side, the tape is ready for applications where parts need to be repositioned, removed or reclosed, such as with plastic bags. Our medium-tack adhesive allows removal from many foils and films without adhesive residue. In many cases, the tape can be reused numerous times. The resilient UPVC carrier improves the handling and strength of the tape, provides dimensional stability, improved handling for die cutting and laminating, as well as higher temperature resistance for improved processing of parts and ease of liner removal. Using the combination of permanent and repositionable adhesive, this tape is ideal for a wide range of applications and uses such as closing polybags and envelopes, core starting/end tabbing, in backlit signs, to attach labels, novelties, posters, point of purchase (P.O.P.) displays and more.
- Point of purchase displays/clean removal labelling
- Reclosable bags or envelopes
- Core starting and end tabbing of papers, foils, and films
- Removable stickers and labels
- Mounting promotional items
- Removable/changeable advertisements
- Temporary hold for protective packaging material, such as foam or cardboard, used during shipment of manufactured goods
- Temporary repositioning of foam gaskets