- Designed for use with stucco and other coated exteriors
- Removes cleanly for up to three months from even after UV exposure to sun and outdoor weathering
- Sticks immediately and stays on for up to one year without deterioration
- Strong water-resistant backing resists wear and light abrasion
- Provides a tight, moisture-resistant seal in many containment situations
- Conforms to irregular surfaces without lifting
Constructed of polyethylene film laminated to cloth with a rubber adhesive, this economical tape resists curling and tears off the roll cleanly for easy application on stucco and other challenging, coated exteriors. 3M™ Outdoor Masking and Stucco Tape 5959 allows for permanent and temporary applications. It is removable with little or no adhesive residue up to three months after application.
A Tape with Versatility
Originally developed for heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) applications, duct tape is used today in a variety of maintenance, repair and construction settings. Due to its unique design, it is an excellent economical choice for MRO/construction as it performs especially well on a variety of coated exteriors, including stucco. It comes with a smooth, red backing. The tape can be used at temperatures as high as 200°F for up to 30 minutes.
3M™ Outdoor Masking and Stucco Tape 5959 is offered with its red backing to enhance overall visibility and provide easy identifiability. Its sturdy cloth-reinforced tape can be torn from the roll and sticks instantly, providing a wide range of convenient solutions.
- Taping/splicing insulation
- Capping pipe
- Securing conduit ends
- Temporary repair
- Hanging polyethylene drapes
- Protecting against light sandblast overspray