- Multi-purpose bonding and long lasting seals
- Permanently elastic to allow joint movement
- 60-90 skin time; paintable, once skin forms
- Good UV resistance
- One component, moisture-curing sealant simplifies production
- Bonds dissimilar materials for increased design flexibility
- Gap filling capability
3M™ Polyurethane Sealant 540 is an all-purpose, single-component, moisture-curing, gap-filling polyurethane that creates permanently elastic seals and bonds in a wide variety of service environments.
Multi-Purpose Sealant with Good UV Resistance
3M™ Polyurethane Sealant 540 is a single-component, moisture-curing, polyurethane sealant used to bond a wide variety of materials, including plastics, fiberglass reinforced plastic (FRP), sheet molding compound (SMC), aluminum, steel, coated metal and wood. It exhibits high tensile strength, good UV resistance, low Shore A hardness and low modulus to maintain its functionality in a wide range of extreme service environments. Available in cartridge, sausage pack, pail and drum volumes to meet your application needs.
- Vertical and horizontal panel bonding and joint sealing
- Aluminum curtain walls and storefronts
- Transportation manufacturing (bus, rail, truck, trailer)
- Replacement of mechanical fasteners in many situations