- Ideal for printing applications, with high tack and adhesion to most paper stocks
- Double sided adhesion increases dimensional stability for easy handling during print splicing
- Excellent UV, moderate temperature and good humidity resistance to ensure performance in a variety of situations
- Densified kraft paper liner ensures easy handling
- Good adhesion to a variety of substrates, including low and high surface energy substrates
3M™ Double Coated Tape 415 is a double coated tape that offers a balance of high initial adhesion and good holding power on a variety of substrates, especially paper. Double sided adhesion increases dimensional stability for easy handling, making it an ideal choice for both zero speed and flying splices during printing.
3M™ Double Coated Tape 415 is a 4.0 mil double coated polyester tape with 3M™ Acrylic Adhesive 400 mounted on a 60. lb densified kraft paper liner. It offers excellent UV resistance, with good temperature and humidity resistance for high performance splicing during rigorous printing applications. This tape will perform well up to 180°F/82°C in the short term, and up to 150°F/65°C for days or weeks. It adheres well to a variety of high and low surface energy substrates including metals, glass, wood, paints and many plastics, as well as most grades of paper, films and foils, and clay coated and corrugated paper stock.
- High-speed flying splices on most grades of paper
- Zero speed splices on most grades of paper
- Web splicing
- Core starting
- Films and foils