- Off-white, 0.250 in. (6.4 mm) open-cell, semi-rigid urethane foam carrier
- High shear adhesive with high temperature resistance
- Durable foam is ideal for interior mounting applications
- Thick foam dampens and prevents vibration and open-cell structure aids component cooling
3M™ Double Coated Urethane Foam Tape 4004 is an off-white, 0.250 in. (6.4 mm) thick, double coated, open cell urethane foam tape that offers high shear strength. It is ideal for applications such as mounting interior signs and nameplates.
3M™ Double Coated Urethane Foam Tape 4004 is a 1/4 in. thick tape manufactured with 3M™ Adhesive 100 for a strong, permanent bond that works well with the open cell foam structure to produce high shear strength. This tape offers an ideal solution for a wide selection of bonding issues on various surfaces. This includes both interior and exterior applications where the tape will be protected from the environment.
- General interior and exterior mounting applications where gap filling is needed
- Mounting interior signs and nameplates
- Electronic applications where a thicker foam tape is needed