- Designed for heavy duty use in MRO/construction applications
- Removes cleanly for up to three months when applied indoors
- Sticks immediately and stays on for up to one year without deterioration
- Strong water-resistant backing resists wear and light abrasion
- Provides a tight, moisture-resistant seal in many containment situations
- Conforms to irregular surfaces without lifting
- Save time and hassle of removing sticky or dried-on residue
Constructed of polyethylene film laminated to cloth with a rubber adhesive, this durable tape resists curling and tears off the roll cleanly for easy application in MRO/construction. Our 3M™ Heavy Duty Duct Tape 3939 has a unique construction that allows for permanent and temporary applications. It is removable with little or no adhesive residue up to three months after application.
A Tape with Versatility
Originally developed for heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) applications, duct tape is used today in a variety of maintenance, repair and construction settings. Our 3M™ Heavy Duty Duct Tape 3939 was tested according to UL723, ASTM E84. Due to its unique design, it is an excellent choice for general indoor application in MRO/construction. The tape can be used at temperatures as high as 200°F for up to 30 minutes.
3M™ Heavy Duty Duct Tape 3939 comes with a classic, silver-colored backing. Our sturdy cloth-reinforced tape can be torn from the roll and sticks instantly, providing a wide range of convenient solutions.
- Taping/splicing insulation
- Capping pipe
- Securing conduit ends
- Temporary repair
- Hanging polyethylene drapes
- Protecting against light sandblast overspray