- Strong backing is easy to tear, yet resists slivering and provides one piece removal
- Rubber adhesive provides instant adhesion and resists lifting or curling, yet still removes easily
- Crepe paper backing conforms and maintains integrity when formed around a corner
- Performs well in paint bake operations up to 250°F for 30 minutes
- Manufactured without solvents for reduced environmental impact
3M™ General Purpose Masking Tape 234 features a strong backing and a less aggressive adhesive. It is one of our most popular general purpose crepe backed masking tapes and performs exceptionally well in most indoor applications, having proven itself especially useful in window and door manufacturing.
Our 3M™ General Purpose Masking Tape 234 is a multipurpose, crepe-backed masking tape that performs well in both general painting and paint bake operations at temperatures up to 250°F/ 121°C for up to 30 minutes. It also features enough tensile strength to be of use in many holding, protecting and bundling applications. A controlled unwind ensures the tape dispenses evenly from the roll, making it less like to tear prematurely. It is advised that the tape not be subjected to outdoor exposure or prolonged periods of sunlight as it may become difficult to remove. This durable tape can be certified for ASTM D-6123.
- Non-critical paint masking
- Medium temperature paint bake operations
- Holding, protecting or bundling applications
- General labeling
- Light to medium duty attachment
- General indoor use