- Designed for general use in MRO/construction applications
- Removes cleanly for up to three months when applied indoors
- Very thick, high-tack tape sticks immediately and stays on reliably
- Strong water-resistant backing resists wear and light abrasion
- Provides a tight, moisture-resistant seal in many containment situations
- Conforms to irregular surfaces
3M™ Venture Tape™ Extreme Cloth Duct Tape 1557 is constructed of polyethylene film laminated to cloth with a rubber adhesive, which resists curling and tears off the roll cleanly for MRO/construction. 3M™ Venture Tape™ Extreme Cloth Duct Tape 1557 is constructed for permanent and temporary applications. It is removable with little or no adhesive residue up to three months after application.
A Venture Tape Unlike Any Other
A high quality polyethylene cloth tape coated with a natural rubber pressure sensitive adhesive system, our 3M™ Venture Tape™ Extreme Cloth Duct Tape 1557 has extremely high tack, high peel and adheres to corners and irregular surfaces. The polyethylene-coated, cloth-reinforced backing conforms to curved surfaces and resists moisture and humidity while the natural rubber adhesive gives you instant stick and long-term hold. The tape tears easily, across or down, without curling. It is among our stickiest and thickest venture tapes, measuring 13 mil thick, and is capable of stretching up to 18 percent beyond its original length.
- Taping/splicing insulation
- Capping pipe
- Securing conduit ends
- Temporary repair