- 3M™ Scotchcast™ Electrical Resin 235 system has permanent semiflexibility, thermal shock and impact resistance, good electricals and adhesion properties.
- Very low viscosity and good wetting ability allow for complete impregnation of small voids.
- This filled version of 3M™ Scotchcast™ Electrical Resin 235 offers many of the key features of 235 plus lower shrinkage,
- improved thermal and mechanical shock resistance, and increased thermal conductivity.
This product offers many of the advantages of 3M™ Scotchcast™ Electrical Resin 241. Its thixotropic nature renders it useful in dipping, brushing or troweling applications where resistance to running or sagging is a requirement.
- These filled versions of 3M™ Scotchcast™ Electrical Resin 280 offer many of the key features of 280 plus lower shrinkage,
- improved thermal and mechanical shock resistance, and high thermal conductivity.
3M™ Scotchcast™ Electrical Resin 282 is a thixotropic version of 281 offering many of the same advantages. It is also used in dipping, brushing or troweling applications where resistance to running or sagging is a requirement.
- Not for specifications. Values are typical, not to be considered minimum or maximum.
- Properties measured at room temperature 73°F (23°C) unless otherwise stated.
- Physical Properties * Typical Value US units (metric) Hardness (Shore D
- ) 80 Specific Gravity (cured)3 1.55
- Compressive Strength6 10%
- Compression 5500 psi @ 10% (38.,7 kg/cm2 )
- Tensile Strength2 Ultimate 3700 psi (260,1 kg/cm2 )
- Elongation (% at break)5 12
- Flexural Strength7 3500 psi @ 5% (246.1 kg/cm2 )
- Thermal Conductivity4 Cal • cm/cm2 • sec • °C Watt/m • k @ 29 °C 11.1 x 10-4 0.463
- Glass Transition Temp (Tg) 22ºC
- Linear Thermal Expansion (LTE)9 (length/unit length/°C) Tg .57 x 10-4 1.65 x 10-4
- Thermal Shock1 10 cycles -65 to 155ºC 1/8” (3,165 mm)
- Olyphant Insert Pass Thermal Shock 1 10 cycles – 55 to 130°C ¼” (6,35 mm)
- Olyphant Insert Fail Flame Retrdancy2 Self-Extinguishing Fungus Resistance10 Fungus Resistant Rating: 2